Thursday, January 8, 2015

Recipes for the Week

It all went well yesterday and I am now leaving for the early morning run deep into the heart of the city - during rush hour. A challenge. But, I will be able to run a ton of errands, go to rehab class and have a gloriously quiet afternoon! I hope!

I was wondering through the yards yesterday and realized I have a long work day in the gardens this Saturday. They are a mess!

The nutritionist will see me this morning. Even after a nice lunch yesterday, I am still lighter than our last weigh-in, so I am walking in with confidence. Here are the recipes for the week for those of us on prednisone therapy. We just don't process food properly! No sugar! No carbs! Just protein and non-starchy vegetables.

Breakfast/Lunch:
Bacon and Eggs a Different Way - HERE
Breakfast casserole - recipe below

Dinner:
Sirloin Tips with Vegetables - HERE
Greek Shrimp - HERE
Chicken Satay - HERE

Breakfast Casserole
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1 T. oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small cabbage, chopped
2 cans (14.5 ozs) diced tomatoes
1 can (8 ozs) tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
salt/pepper

In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onions is tender.

Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.

Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.

Serves 6-8

No comments: