Saturday, February 21, 2015

Bad with the Good

We got that news that Michael's aunt Jeannette, who we visited during our road trip last May, had just been diagnosed with cancer yesterday. The doctor said that it was curable, she will begin chemo and we hope to have her on this earth for many more years. She is one of the kindness humans I have ever met. We so hope that she gets through this and continues on her journey.

Years ago, we had Dave overhaul our back and side yards. He worked for months, created all the hard landscaping and taught me a thing or two about plants. We also just received the news that he was just diagnosed with fourth stage COPD. He is still rather young and is struggling to deal with the diagnosis. I am encouraging him to sign up for pulmonary rehab classes to not only gain stamina but for the education and social support.

I am also waiting to read the latest updates about Diane in Illinois. She had lung transplants over a decade ago but is struggling with a major infection. ICU. On a ventilator. According to her children, she is in the fight for her life.

One of the workers who has to deal with Michael at work, had his second son last week. Seven pounds. Michael asked if I would buy a little something for the baby and their 4-year old. Then I had a thought. Mom and I will buy everything on Monday but we will swing by a wonderful candy store to include a box - mom to mom.  She must have her hands full and maybe a bit of chocolate in the afternoon will help.

I am feeling better. Rehab has been easier each day. I am slowing improving. Today, I am going to do a bit of gardening before weeding the spit of land between Ron and us. It is in desperate need of attention. That is the only real plan for today. Michael, on the other hand, is going to replace the water pump in the Porsche. My job will be to stay out of his way!

No comments: