Monday, February 16, 2015

Enjoying the Holiday Weekend

The side door into the garage is gorgeous! It has a large frosted double-paned window, it is solid fiberglass, fantastic hardware and would be difficult for anyone to kick it in. It was so kind of Wayne to tear out the old one and installed it yesterday morning. As executor of his mom's estate, he is dealing with some messy financial issues, which makes it difficult to focus on grieving. He really misses his mom.

After lunch and picking up the garage, we sat out on the back patio then watch the final holes of the golf classic from Carmel. It was just summer beautiful. Late in the afternoon, I watered the pots and the back garden and then washed the windows. After a very simple shrimp salad dinner, we were in bed by 8PM.

The cooler air is going to return this afternoon so I am going to take a long walk up to the harbor this morning. Since it is a holiday for most people, traffic is probably going to be a mess so I will not be going over the pass to visit with mom. Michael has to go into work. I need to cook a few things for Michael's breakfasts for the week, do a bit of laundry, iron and I am eyeing the front patch of earth that needs a lot of weeding.

I had a sore throat last evening so I popped an Aprodine, which did not allow me to sleep well. It was a rough night so I think I may end up sleeping a bit today. Tomorrow is my return to pulmonary rehab class. It will be fun to see everyone again.

Enjoy the holiday!

No comments: