Thursday, March 26, 2015

Just Hanging

Suddenly, with Anna coming down with a nasty cold, canceling their visit and my to-do list meaningless, yesterday I did very little. It was fun to take the day off, to go into town, put gas in the car, read a good book in the garden for an hour, write a draft of the speech for the event we have been asked to make a presentation on the 28th of May and just relax. A nice, quiet day. I even played hooky from the orchestra rehearsal last night.

With the housekeepers due this morning, I am going to spend a few hours with mom. What I am really excited about is tomorrow when Michael and I take off for parts unknown. Together. In a convertible. Destination yet to be determined.

It is weird. Several times last week, I would swallow wrong and choke. Sometimes that can turn into an infection, so I have to keep an eye on it. But, I have noticed that I am beginning to cough. Not a lot. Not a deep cough. Just a sudden, little, cough. Remembering when I tried to reduce my prednisone from 15 mgs to 12.5 mgs several years ago, I coughed constantly. Apparently, my lungs needed the support of 15 mgs. So yesterday, I took an addition .5 mgs to see if it helped reduce the coughing. When I take my morning meds, I will take 20 mgs and monitor my cough today. If I see no change, I will contact Dr. K., share my experiment with her and ask for some antibiotics due to an infection from the swallowing incidents.

No comments: