Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Rehab, Gardens, Prednisone, Cooking

Since fighting back from the horrible flu, I have noticed that some of my stamina has returned. The recumbent bike at rehab was so much easier yesterday, though I am still not up to my standard workout levels. Hopefully, I will be able to do the entire workout beginning next week. In the meantime, I will push myself to improve everyday.

Working in the gardens is very physically challenging but very mentally calming. My Zen place. I plan to spend a few hours in the garden today and maybe even weed a large patch in the very front. After a shower and dinner, my hands will be sore from the weeding for an orchestra rehearsal this evening.

Beginning tomorrow, I will finally be returning to my 15mgs of prednisone. It has been a long, slow downgrade from 40mgs to combat the flu. I may even try to get down to 12.5mgs. The last time I tried it, I coughed all the time. I guess my lungs needed the support of 15 mgs.

Hurrying home after buying groceries each week is when the fun begins. After unpacking, I begin to cook breakfasts, lunches and dinners for the next few days. All the healthful foods are made and ready for me to enjoy. A real treat. Yesterday, we awakened to Boursin-stuffed Deviled Eggs for breakfast then I enjoyed a Caramelized Onions, Arugula and Goat Cheese Pizza on a La Tortilla Low Carb tortilla for lunch. Leftovers today!

This Friday, British Don's friend Ian and his wife are going to join us for dinner. I am making a heart-friendly Spanish Chicken with Olives dish with fresh asparagus and an appetizer of fat-free Sun-Dried Tomato Dip. We so want to met his friend. He visited Don everyday, made homemade soups for his freezer and filled his refrigerator with heart-healthy foods when he returned home. What a friend.

No comments: