Saturday, April 4, 2015

Diet - Day 2 of 6

Day two of my quest to lose two pounds went well with just over 1,000 calories consumed. Mom and I ate lunch at Mimi's and I had their newest meatball appetizer. Pure protein. They served seven small ones and I was able to bring three home as an appetizer for Michael. He loved them. We had no errands to run so mom and I just enjoyed the day together. One thing she shared terrified me.

While volunteering at the front desk at the city's library on Wednesday, she stopped to say a quick hello to her favorite librarian. She remarked to mom that they should talk about the email that mom had sent to them. Email? Mom didn't send an email. The librarian asked her email address and told her it had been sent using another address. Someone set up a fake account in her name and wrote a vile email referring to her being a volunteer. It clearly came from someone inside the library. It was so vile that the librarian would not show it to her.

It didn't really sink into my head until I was driving home. I phoned her and made a plan. We are going to the library on Monday, asking for a copy of the email then filing a police report. I want it on record. If someone was nuts enough to do something like that to an 86-year old woman, I am very concerned for her safety. I'll report about what happens on Monday.

Today, I will sweat in the yards and make a nice lunch after a quick run into town this morning. It is sunny but cool today. Sweater weather. We are expecting glorious rain on Easter morning. What a gift!

No comments: