Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Driving

Mom's surgery went well. She will be swollen and bruised for a bit but her eyes look so much better. Due to a specific glaucoma drug, her eye lids suddenly dropped. I will swing by today to make sure she has everything she needs and that there is no excessive bleeding.

While she was in surgery, I put on my shoes and headed down the road towards the bay to the little airport. Good walking weather as it was cool and windy but sunny. My hip started to hurt within 10 minutes. I have that appointment tomorrow.

It was a long day and I was pretty much done by the time I got home.

By 8:30 this morning, I need to be back in the car to drive to the far side of the city to see the nutritionist. Afterwards, the long drive back through the city to the freeway along the bay will take me to the butcher's and Trader Joe's before a quick visit to mom's. The afternoon will find me preparing for Lee and Jeff's visit, making dinner then I have the final orchestra rehearsal tonight. Lots of energy needed throughout the day.

I have been sleeping well, breathing well and feel pretty good. It is stressful preparing for company so I will be happy when they arrive on Saturday and I can relax. Everything will be ready and there will be nothing more for me to do. I can enjoy being with them.

No comments: