Sunday, April 12, 2015

Feeling Good

I got all my chores done yesterday so, here we are at 6AM, watching the Formula 1 Race from Shanghai, having coffee, thinking about breakfast and planning to be over the hill in two hours. Michael needs to do a few things at the shop and I am going to work out at the other rehab. We will then scream back over the pass, hopefully before the tourists, to help Wayne's son put a molding on his car by 2PM. Somewhere in there, Michael is taking me to lunch.

This is my favorite type of day. Not a lot of plans. Just hanging out together.

We are planning our vacation and thinking of driving up to see our son. We need to coordinate his touring schedule but we think it can happen in June sometime. Something to look forward to.

Ron next door brought three different varieties of kale over to me while I was working outside. He has an amazing garden and is currently cursing the gophers who ate his artichoke plants from underneath. War has been declared. For lunch, I cut the kale, spread it on two huge baking sheets, hit them with spray, covered some with a bit of Parmesan cheese and slowly bake them into chips. Yum! Michael thinks I'm nuts.

I am amazed how well I worked in the yards yesterday. My breathing was really good and I think all the working out has helped. No coughing. No shortness of breath. I'm actually beginning to feel...normal. Wow. It has been months.

No comments: