Sunday, April 26, 2015

Fish Fry

These people know how to do food for over three hundred people all at one time. It was fascinating. As we are in a small town, people kept stopping by our table to say hello! We were the guests of a very respected Portuguese family so even the local priest stopped by for a chat! But, the food. Oh my goodness! It was simple: tossed salad, rings of fresh fried calamari that looked like onion rings, French bread, small red potatoes and squares of fried fish. Not greasy fried fish. At the very end of the line, they poured an amazing marinara-type sauce over all over the fish and potatoes. My plate was mostly salad, a few calamari and two pieces of fish. Still, I gave one piece of fish to Michael. But wait, there's more! Suddenly, three huge bowls of the largest mussels steamed in a light wine sauce appeared. I think Michael ate twenty of them.

So, the goal after DirectV leaves this morning? THE GYM! I want to get any weight off that I gained last night and I want to see if there is still pain in my hip after an extended stay on a treadmill.

There is a totally crazy week ahead. I can only take one day at a time and try to stay focused. Tomorrow is going to be a challenge: Workout at the other rehab, the mid-day with mom then I will be meeting Michael at work at 4PM for a long drive to the city for a meeting about our Grand Rounds speech. The real challenge is what in the world will I wear for the day?!?

I am sleeping well. Breathing well. Walking well (with no pain).

Happy Sunday.

No comments: