Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Just Trying to Get Home

On my way home from mom's yesterday, I turned a corner and traffic was backed up on the pass to the coast. Again. It took an additional half hour to make my way to the crash site. A double gravel truck flipped on a major curve and took out all the guardrails. Traffic was only allowed to go by on one lane. It looked nasty and apparently there was serious injury to the driver.

Fast forward four hours. Michael was trying to drive home from work and he turned a corner and traffic was backed up. He phoned. I checked 511.org and it showed the earlier accident. It was such a mess that they were still working on the road.

Living here on the coast can be a challenge. We are always building in traveling time just in case. Could have bad traffic, closed road, need to go around. But, it is all worth it once we smell the clean air and hear the ocean at night.

When I was doing the power yoga class, which I miss very much, there would often be a spot where my leg connected to the trunk of my body that sometimes gave me a jolt of pain. Lately, after running on the treadmill, I feel pain for the rest of the day and it is tender the following day. Alarmingly, it also has been clicking. I think I have developed a hip problem. That is not good. Anything that keeps me from exercising is not good.

I noticed that it was fine in the morning but hurt after I sat with my legs crossed while working on the laptop. No more crossed legs. No more pain. If I sat in the car too long, it clicked when I stood up to walk then felt like it popped in then no more pain. It feels great this morning but we will see how it feels after rehab today. It might be time to ask for a referral. Nuts.

No comments: