Monday, April 6, 2015

Lovely Easter, Busy Monday

Easter was lovely and we even had a few drops of glorious rain on the windshield! We drove down to Palo Alto in very light traffic for a delightful two-hour brunch. Mom and Michael even had a cocktail! Still trying to drop weight before Tuesday, I ate very lightly and enjoyed lots of iced tea. We made phone calls to Mary, who was going to a nice party at a neighbor's home, and to Aunt Alma in Tennessee. I couldn't reach her so I called her niece. After a promise of having Alma return my call once they reached their destination, I sat waiting with my phone all day. Never phoned. That worries me a bit. I will try to reach her again today.

William sent photos of a very cool mid-century condo with views of a lake in a hot district in Seattle. I think he made an offer. That is a huge step forward for him. He leaves in a week to begin the two year tour with the big group. Back on the road again.

Tomorrow, I will reduce my prednisone dosage back to 15 mgs then wait to see if the cough returns. It would be so great if it settled down and is now gone.

After working out at the other rehab this morning, I will be interviewing the library staff to gather information about the vile email sent to them in my mom's name. We will then take everything to the police to file a report. I want it on record. Will report back tomorrow.

The biggest news of the day is that we are expecting a nice rainstorm to move in this evening through tomorrow. And it is cold! Only 44 on the coast right now. I think people will be dancing in the streets once the rains begin!

No comments: