Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Overwhelmed

It is always interesting for me to watch my blog numbers suddenly increase. Someone just found me. Newly diagnosed. They read through years of blogs looking for information. Craving information. This week, it is someone in Russia. My heart gets a big heavy as I know their journey and that this is just the beginning. I so hope my blog helps.

I am feeling overwhelmed. Mom's eye lid surgery today, my weigh-in tomorrow, preparation phone call for Monday's meeting, my meeting with the hip doctors on Thursday then all the yard, house and food prep for Lee and Jeff's visit on Saturday. They have Sunday matinee tickets to a musical in the city so I think we will head down the coast to our favorite dive for breakfast on Sunday morning.

Monday's meeting: Just one other person in our patient advisory board has offered to meet with representative from all the statewide campuses of my university hospital to discuss a major topic that will be the next step in health care. They wanted patient advice. Guess they will be getting mine and one other's only. Wow. The pressure is on.

When I finished with my workout yesterday, my hip hurt. As I walked on it, there was no pain by the time we met British Don for dinner last night. Somehow, I am going to try to walk before the appointment to again feel exactly where I have pain.

But for today, a nice shower will feel great then a much anticipated phone conversation with my sister-in-law Betty before I head to mom's and her eye surgery. I will be in a waiting room for 2.5 hours with no coffee shop in the area. Hey! I'll bring my shoes and oxygen and get a walk in! Great idea.

No comments: