Thursday, April 16, 2015

Recipes for the Week

Summer has arrived. It is going to be in the 70s here on the coastside today. Too bad that I won't be here! After the rehab class, I am doing a butcher and Trader Joe run so I won't be home until around 3:00. After unpacking it all, I like to cook my breakfast for the next few days and dinner for tonight. But, as an extra treat, Michael will need to be picked up in town at 4:30! Early! More time together during the week! I think we will be spending most of it out on the swing in the garden.

My hip is bothering me so much that I am going to ask my endocrinologist for a referral to an orthopedist.  It is fine until I do too much then it is sore for a time. Most days, once I get moving, I have no pain at all. What made me decide to have it looked at was my inability to do my intensive walk along the ocean yesterday. I have to exercise to keep lung transplants and diabetes at bay. Hopefully, it is a strain of some sort.

Food for the week. Here are this week's low carb recipes for those of us on prednisone therapy. We just don't process sugars properly. Remember, one pound of protein makes 4 servings.

Breakfast/Lunch:
Fiesta Cabbage - Here - Photo above
Mediterranean Deviled Eggs - Here
Eggplant Casserole - Here

Dinner:
Grilled Shrimp and Sausage - Here - Use half-pound each of the shrimp & sausage to serve 4
Spicy Pork Tacos with Pickled Cabbage - Here - Cut the recipe in half to serve 4
Mushroom and Swiss Chicken - Here - Use two chicken breasts and low fat cheese to serve 4

No comments: