Saturday, April 11, 2015

Saturday - Into the Garden

Saturday. My stay-at-home-in-the-garden-day of the week. Physically challenging. Mentally calming. After a quick banking run, I will be in the yards, trimming and weeding and saying goodbye to my front lawn. We received word this week that we only need to cut back our water usage by 10% instead of the 35% State-wide requirement. Turns out, our community had really stepped up to the plate and reduced our water needs. Some wealthier communities actually used more water during the same time period, so they are now required to make the 35% cut or face huge fines of $500.00 per day. Yikes.

So, we decided to let the front lawn go but to keep the front plants as well as the back yard. With our reduction in shower time, washing larger loads of laundry and cutting the watering time in half for the entire yard, I think we can still reduce our usage by ten percent.

Mom's upper eye lid suddenly began to droop these last two weeks. We saw the eye surgeons, learned it was a cosmetic issue and not a stroke or other issue. Thankfully. She is going to pay out of pocket to have it repaired. She was so happy and excited to just get it done.

I realized yesterday that I am feeling good and breathing really well. No coughing. Energy is returning. I am so very grateful.

No comments: