Friday, May 15, 2015

Almost a Quiet Day

It was a quiet day yesterday, but only after complete madness the first few hours! Michael needed to drop the Porsche off at the dealership for some maintenance. I followed. We expected lots and lots of massive traffic so we left the house early. Turns out, no one was out in the world that early, we flew through all the stop lights, the freeways were going at the speed limit and we arrived to the dealership in record time.

It was 7:15 and we were done. We drove the back way to a Peet's Coffee before I dropped him off at work.

While doing the yard work on Wednesday, I did something really stupid for only the second time ever. I cut through the extension cord with the hedge trimmer. Dumb. Michael works near a Home Depot so I dropped by to buy a new extension cord, new hand clippers and some fertilizer for the camellias.

I was home by 8:30. It was a very quiet day after that.

Mom and I will spend most of the day together but Michael and I are so looking forward to tonight. The black Calvin Klein dress is coming out of the closet and we are meeting three other people at the #1 restaurant in the city. I already looked at the menu and am ready!

2 comments:

Lawnmowerwizard said...

You know what I'm going to say don't you?

Go cordless, it's the way forward for hedge trimmers. The batteries are better than ever these days, and you won't have to give leads a second thought again. Just saying!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I had one several years ago and it was awful. Never enough power. Ended up throwing it away! But, technology has changed. Love hearing from a fellow gardener! Take care!