Friday, May 1, 2015

Healthy Hips

My appointment on the new campus of my university hospital was fascinating. Several major buildings, a conference center, restaurants and massive parking structures were laid out surrounded by beautiful landscaping. It was so easy to get there, parking was inexpensive and I walked up to the new cancer hospital trying to get the hip pain to kick in before the appointment. But still, I was really early. They took me in for an xray then I met with the doctor and gone by the time of my original appointment. Wonderful.

The good news was that they think I had a major pulled something. The xray showed healthy hips, thank goodness. But, it could be something specific that, if taken care of when it is very new, could avoid a hip replacement later. Soooo, I am still going to have an MRI, just to be sure.

I was home by noon, ate a nice lunch then washed the windows. It was a lot of work! I was so tired afterwards that I slept for over an hour. We had dinner then I went back over the pass with Michael while he painted something. The weather was so beautiful, we drove home at 8:30 with all the windows down on the car. So rare.

Today is my big work day. It is warm but not hot so the yard work will be a bit easier. I'm starting in the back and working my way to the front. It should be an all day event. I also need to make the strawberry pie in oatmeal crust so it sets up all night. If I have energy, I also wanted to dust and vacuum the house. That probably won't happen until tomorrow morning, though. I am not expecting Lee and Jeff until around 3:00, so I have some time to get things done tomorrow.

No comments: