Sunday, May 17, 2015

Just the Two of Us Today

Done. The three sets of bed linens have been washed, ironed and back on the beds. It took a total of about three hours yesterday. My morning walk was in cool weather, I walked a bit further than expected then felt it before I made it back to my car. My left hip again. I am grateful that I am having an MRI in two weeks just to see what is happening. I suspect a muscle problem.

I love these quiet weekends. We are staying close to home today. No car rides. No company. Probably a nap. After the big dinner on Friday night, we are eating very lightly. Simply. Life is suddenly very small.

It all begins again tomorrow. Mom has an appointment for the annual maintenance of her Mini Cooper in San Jose. We will be involved in Silicon Valley rush hour traffic. It will be a long day of waiting.

We are both beginning to set out sites forward to the speech for my university hospital's Grand Rounds event on the 28th. Today, we will probably work on our presentations. It will be all about giving our message in the fewest number of words. Time will be of the essence.

No comments: