Saturday, June 13, 2015

Missing Pulmonary Rehab

It was my first day out into the world after the company left. Mom and I did a bit of shopping, I bought several summer t-shirts and we had a very light lunch at Applebee's yesterday. We talked non-stop. I am still not 100% but my ear is better each day and I was not so exhausted. 

Recovering. Starting all over again. I wish I had a nickel... 

Every time I have a downturn with my health where I can't go to pulmonary rehab for a bit, I have to return to start slowly to build back my stamina. It is always daunting but I am surprised that it comes back rather quickly, though never 100%. I look back to when I felt very fit and healthy about a year ago October for our friend's son's wedding. I felt fantastic. I was walking long distances and working out eight times a week. As I look forward to the rebuilding, this time it is going to be different. The hip issue is going to play a role. No more treadmill. No more long walks along the ocean. But, that doesn't mean that I can't do shorter walks or that I can try the elliptical at rehab or add time on the recumbent bike. This time it is going to be different. 

It will begin on Monday. I will also make the appointments for the rehab on my hip as well as return to pulmonary rehab. The goal will be to sweat everyday.

My university hospital has asked if I would sit on a focus group to put together a pulmonary rehab program. Their first one ever. There will be two meetings of 60-90 minutes and I will be paid a grand total of $100.00!! Wow!! In the meantime, I will be putting together a list of topics that I found helpful during my classes when I began rehab back in 2005. Should be interesting.

No comments: