Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Can't

Natalie and Ethan are celebrating their 10-year anniversary next week with a rerun of their honeymoon in Hawaii. But NASA, they have a problem. They were having Winnie and Oliver stay her with mom for the week. She and her husband live in the Sierra foothill and the kids have a ball with all the open space. Her mom fell, cracked a vertebrae and is in a lot of back pain.

Natalie phoned last night to very gently ask if we could have the kids with us for the week. I love these kids. I know these kids. She said she would put them in gym camp all week so it would be the mornings and dinner to bedtime. Though I wish I could, I know that I just don't have the stamina to handle them for a week. After an afternoon visit, I am exhausted. Besides, I have two doctor appointments next week, one at 7:30AM in the city. Sadly, I had to say no. Michael said absolutely no. He worries about me and knows it would be too much. I would get sick. It would not be good.

Times like this I wish I was well. Mad that I "can't."

But then I need to be reminded of all the activities that I can still do. I may not be able to walk up hills or go to the movies or eat a regular diet but I have managed to live an active, positive life. No whining allowed!

I have a pretty good life despite the disease.

No comments: