Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Updates

Doug's brain surgery update: It has been rough. The pain was so bad that they were given the doctor's approval to double up on the percocet. That is a lot of pain! The staples come out on Friday.

Rehab Class update: I did over three minutes on the elliptical yesterday! That is a big deal! I was wet from sweat afterwards but not short of breath or in any pain. On Thursday, I am going to aim for five minutes.

Michael update: His feet have really been an issue. The man is in great shape but the weak part of his body is his feet. He spends all day walking and standing and this does not help. He has tried a variety of shoes and a variety of socks but they still hurt so badly that he tried to stay off of them on the weekends. I was mentioning this to Betty, my brother's wife, and she told my brother. He sent the most amazing gel-filled inserts that seem to really help. No complaints about his feet when he gets home in the evening.

Food update: Recipes for the week are below. These recipes are for people who are on prednisone. We just don't process sugars properly. No grains, no carbs, no fruit, no milk or yogurt, no starchy vegetables. Meals are 3-4 ounces of protein and non-starchy veggies.

Breakfast/Lunch:
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs - I use non or low fat sour cream, mayo and cream cheese HERE
Grilled Cheeseburger Wrap - I use La Tortilla low carb tortilla and low fat cheese HERE
Baked Stuffed Mushrooms - I use Chicken Italian Sausage (Trader Joe's) and low fat cheese HERE

Dinner:
Herb-Crusted Lamb Skewers with Dijon Mustard - I use 1 lb. of meat for 4 servings HERE
Seared Scallops with Wilted Greens - HERE
Grilled Shrimp and Chicken Sausage - HERE
Spanish Baked Chicken - I don't use the raisins or brown sugar HERE

No comments: