Monday, August 10, 2015

Jiggity Jig

Home again, home again. Michael came home! Back where he belongs. It was a long weekend.

We talked and talked and talked. Finally got up to speed then we went to bed! Moans were heard when he climbed into bed and felt the ironed sheets. He had a ball, managed his low blood sugar really well, enjoyed the group of people but confessed the food was rather naughty. He tried to eat the better food but the fried shrimp and other goodies kept calling to him. All in all, he did just fine.

This week is going to be crazy. Everyday. Today, mom has a dentist appointment here on the coast. I am leaving early to work out at the other rehab then picking her up to drive her to the coast, we have a coupon at Mimi's for lunch and her sunglasses should be ready for pick up. I also want to phone Nancy. I have not spoken with her since she and her family returned from Hawaii. They had scattered Jay ashes in the warm waters there, per his request.

I also am beginning to put together a food list for William's visit next week. We will be going out but I also know he just wants homemade food. I always have something for him to pick from while he is here. I think I found a recipe for a very cool coffee cake to sit on the counter at the ready. He always finds a box of chocolates on his pillow when he is visiting.

Later this week, mom and I are excited to spend some time with Barbara and her day care kids. They are a joy to be around. We are going to a science museum on a university campus high in the hills with gorgeous views of the city and bay and bridges. I haven't been there since a long ago field trip for William's school and mom has never seen it. The best part of the day will be just hanging out and being with Barbara and the kids.

My life is never boring, thank goodness.

No comments: