Friday, August 14, 2015

Looking Forward

It is remarkable that I have no more hip pain. I'm going to begin to push it a bit more but insuring that I stretch it out every morning. It will be challenged this weekend.

The coastside is going to sizzle this Saturday. Even Michael is staying home as he would not be able to get home. Traffic is going to be a mess. Since falling off the ladder, I have noticed a few high errant branches that need to be removed so Michael is going to trim them this weekend. I am really going to push my hip while working in the gardens and I think we may even wander across the street to our rather private little beach. A sit in the sand. Our toes in the ocean.

Yesterday, I had my last PT appointment with Mac, talked and perspired my way through the rehab class, picked up dinner at our little organic market and made my hair appointment on time. Cut and colored. When Michael got home, we went back for his haircut. Feels great this morning. It was a busy day with no downtime.

It is very early here. Mom has a 9AM appointment with her endocrinologist but we need to have some blood tests before the appointment, plus we will be fighting rush hour traffic to her university campus so I need to be out the door by 6:50. Yawn. I've been up since 5AM. Coffee. Lots of coffee.

I am so looking forward to next week. Mom's birthday is Monday (I need to buy her card and gift cards tomorrow morning after going to the bank before all the tourists arrive) and William will arrive Tuesday evening for a week. I have been intentionally trying to lose about three pounds before his arrival as we always go out to eat more than usual and I have more tempting goodies in the house. Done. Gone. I think I may even lose another pound this weekend while working in the gardens in the heat.

Next week should be fun. I also have a meeting with Dr. K. We haven't seen each other in six months and I will be hauling Michael and William with me. The staff at the clinic, especially a wonderful woman named Crystal, always asks about Michael. They have never met William. It should be fun.

No comments: