Sunday, August 16, 2015

Lots of Sweat

It was hot. It was smokey. The wild fires in Northern California and the Gold Country blew into the Bay Area causing havoc. It was hard to breathe, even with oxygen and a mask! We worked in the yards in the morning before the worst of the heat but we were both drenched in sweat. Michael dug out some ornamental grasses and finally finished the job of trimming the top of the Japanese Maple, which I had been doing when I fell off the ladder. Then, we moved to the back yard. He dug out two small plants that were done, completely trimmed the Angel's Trumpet tree by a third then attacked the vine from the neighbor's yard that had woven its way through our tree. That was a big job. I still have to cut up some branches for next week's pick up as we just ran out of room in the two garden recycle bins.

We were finished by lunch, I threw the laundry in the washing machine then promptly feel asleep for an hour. We overextended ourselves! We were both in bed by 8PM.

Today, Michael is heading over the hill and I am going out into town early enough before the tourist arrive. I need to buy something to make for dinner and I am going to get my eyebrows waxed. Noble goals!

It is expected to be hotter than yesterday.

The rest of the day will be a quiet one for me. Just a little ironing. I will be waiting for Michael to come home.

When I was in Safeway yesterday morning, I ran into Matt, who I worked with at the school where I got sick. We had not seen each other in two years. So much to say! So much gossip from work! We penciled in a lunch together on our calendars in early September to bring me up to speed!

No comments: