Sunday, September 27, 2015

A Rare Dinner Out with Friends

What a night! We met our former neighbor Nancy with her daughter Janet and husband Michael at our house at 5PM last night. Wine was served as well as a small tastings of bourbon between the Michaels. Simple appetizers and lots of conversation were both enjoyed before driving to the harbor for dinner. We had reservations, thank goodness, as the place was absolutely packed. We got the perfect table along a wall so we could really have conversations and hear each other!

We told stories, we told them about William and his latest adventures, we told them about my health.

My health. Something happened around noon yesterday. After doing the yard work, I sat down and drank some iced tea and it went into my lungs. It was painful and I couldn't stop coughing to catch my breath. It was scary as I thought I was going to pass out. I was alone. Quickly, I got my oxygen and that helped. Having done this before, I know that it will cause crackling in my lungs and an infection in a few days. Nuts!

Back to dinner: everyone enjoyed pasta except me. I had some very rich pork (I gave half away as tastes) and was not able to finish it. There was also a salad of beets and octopus which was absolutely delicious. My favorite of the night.

It was so much fun to see our dear friends. Nancy deeply misses Jay and his ashes were scattered in Hawaii a month ago. She is having a hard time adjusting to him being gone. His death was such a horrible shock. She was so proud of herself that she had driven to Janet's house all by herself for the first time on the weekend. Baby steps.

No comments: