Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Recipes for the Week

Having inhaled iced tea into my lungs last Saturday, I was anxious to see my saturation numbers as I worked out in the pulmonary rehab class yesterday. Treadmill: 95% sats. Bike: 94% sats. My standard numbers AND I coughed less then usual on the bike. Relief. I think I may have dodged an infection bullet. The final test will be during class tomorrow. Hopefully, those numbers will hold.

I am going to do some paperwork this morning then I plan to go for a walk before a quick stop at Safeway. There is an orchestra rehearsal tonight and I need to be sharp so it will be a rather quiet day! Tomorrow after the rehab class, I will go to the butcher's and Trader Joe's for food for the week. Below are the recipes for those of us who must watch our sugar processing. Prednisone over a long period of time makes the pancreas grumpy. Protein and non-starchy vegetables keeps it happy.

Breakfast/Lunch:
Summery Pizza Omelette - HERE
Spinach Deviled Eggs - HERE
Linny's Whopper in a Bowl - HERE

Dinner:
Sesame Chicken Kebabs - HERE
Pork Chops with Spinach with Sesame and Garlic - HERE
Tuna with Jalapeno Sour Cream - HERE

No comments: