Thursday, October 1, 2015

Welcome October

Pumpkins have arrived at our house. They are happy in my window boxes in the front and the table in the family has its pumpkin/fall tablecloth and holiday candles ready to be lit. Fun time of year. The actual festival, which brings thousands and thousands of people to the coastside, will be the weekend of the 17th this year.

In Costco and Orchard Supply Hardware on Tuesday, I averted my eyes when I realized that I was seeing CHRISTMAS items for sale in SEPTEMBER!!! No!!! I think we should all band together and not buy a thing until November 1st. Maybe they can stock the shelves a little earlier next year. August? How about July?

In other news, Natalie met with her real estate person to discuss a house for sale just a couple of streets away. It has been for sale but was not snapped up. The market is cooling. It seems to be a perfect house for them. Wouldn't it be marvelous to have Winnie and Oliver within walking distance? Finger crossed that it all falls into place and they are able to negotiate a deal.

I noticed that I have been coughing more. Not a lot but more. After meeting Michael for lunch today, I am anxious to see my saturation numbers in the pulmonary rehab class to see if there is an infection brewing. After class, I have to do a butcher and Trader Joe's run.

And the SF Giants. It is, after all, an odd year and they never win the World's Series in an odd year. We are rooting for the Chicago Cubs and the St. Louis Cardinals in the playoffs but are looking forward to the 2016 season.

No comments: