Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Back to Life

I went out into the world yesterday for the first time in two days.

Safeway. Home. Butchers. Mom's.

We sat and talked about how we enjoyed Christmas before doing a Target run. A sweet little restaurant, Mimi's Cafe, was calling to us from across the parking lot. We sat for almost two hours, still talking. Then, mom walked with me through Trader Joe's before I hauled everything home.

I coughed a lot less that I expected. At one point, I was trying to hurry to the other side of Trader Joe's when I realized that I was not coughing on exertion. A good sign. I also realized that I was feeling pretty good. Maybe I have turned a corner.

We went to Rick and Natalie's last evening. They had simple appetizers and it was get to get caught up on their lives. Melanie had turned from a young college student to an adult in a few short months. She was such fun. She was walking that fence of being at home with her parents during breaks and wanting to be back at school and her life. She is a math major. One sharp cookie.

Today, I am staying close to home, though I am going to try to take a short walk to see if I cough a lot. I need to balance the checkbook and write out the bills and maybe take my toenails in for a painting. Early this morning, I am going to cook my breakfasts and lunches for the week. Be prepared. That's my motto.

No comments: