Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap!

Happy Leap Day! I was always so relieved as a child that I didn't have a leap year birthday. No birthday cake? Now, I think it would be kind of cool to only have a birthday every four years!

I was dead all day yesterday. One night out playing music and it took an entire day to recover. After a long nap, I did make some shrimp stuffed eggs for several days of Michael's breakfasts, cooked some artichokes and helped him make dinner. Then, I cleaned the kitchen while keeping an ear on the Oscars. Finally, I fell into bed and slept the entire night. Exhausted.

This morning, I feel great so far! Mom has a dentist appointment at noon in town so there will be a few trips over the pass. That, in a nut shell, will be my day today.

Here we go into March. We are still in a drought and the rain has subsided through February. The forecast for the week is for a small storm to blow through but next week, it looks like the storm door will be opened again. Bring it on! We need it so much!

No comments: