Monday, March 21, 2016

A Mom Day

We were finished with all of our errands and ate lunch at home right at noon yesterday. I made a Joe's Special for dinner and we just had a quiet afternoon and evening together listening to the rain on the roof.

It's Monday so that means I will be spending the day with my mom. We will have lots to share. We have no appointments today and nothing we have to do. We will make our Easter plans and hopefully, I'm not too late to make reservations.

Last night, the coughing was endless. It is now a shallow cough but it takes several coughs to clear it from my lungs. Hate it. Want it to go away. Prednisone levels have been reduced to 30 mgs as of yesterday. I was still hungry all day and hoping that also goes away soon!

The colonoscopy clean out is Wednesday at 3PM, another dosage at 7:15AM on Thursday and we have to check in by 12:15 for a 1:00 procedure. I am so grateful that I don't have to wait weeks for this appointment and that the doctor's office was able to get me into an "emergency" appointment.

I realize that when I am ill with a cold or flu, the world becomes quite small. No rehearsals. No friends to meet for lunch. No rehab. The goal is to do only what is necessary and to try to recover by resting. It is dull and boring. It is not fun. I am itching to get back to my life.

No comments: