Sunday, March 27, 2016

Good and Bad, Sort of

Happy Easter! I hope the Easter Bunny visited last night! We are taking mom to a fancy place for brunch this afternoon, which features their regular menu. I don't like holiday special menus as they are never as well prepared or delicious as the reason why I want to go to a specific restaurant. This will be our third year celebrating there.

I have some good news and some bad news. Well, sort of bad news not really bad news. The good news is that I am feeling so much better. My bowels settled down, I ate carefully yesterday and did not even have a rumble. I worked in the back gardens for almost three hours and could have done more. No shortness of breath, no wishing it was over, no problems. It was the best day I have had in many months.

So, now the sort of, kinda bad news. The doctor from the colonoscopy phoned while we were out but left a message. She said the report on the polyp was completed and that it was actually a pre-cancerous growth. That threw me. She had been so sure that the polyp did not appear to be cancerous.  But, thinking about that, I guess she was right after all. It was not yet cancer, thank heavens. She said that she wants to see me again in five years.

Where do we go from here? Dr. K. will have this report in her inbox on Monday then I think she will write the referral to the Lung Transplant Clinic. Then, dear reader, we will go on the big adventure together. It's been a long journey to get to this point.

No comments: