Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Prep Day

IMPROVEMENT!! I slept the entire night in bed and did not cough except once. I am getting better! I was beginning to wonder if I would ever feel better again.

Today is clean-out day for the colonoscopy tomorrow. Liquid diet all day and the clean-out will begin at 3:00. But, I have an 11:00 hair appointment so I will at least have nice hair for the procedure tomorrow! I am so ready to just get it done. The bleeding has slowed down, having had only two small drops in a week. A good sign. If cancer, the lung transplant process will be on hold. If not cancer, we will begin. Dr. K. is awaiting the report. My future depends on this test tomorrow.

So my day today will be focused on chicken broth, lemonade and ginger ale. I remember the last time, I was so hungry after the procedure that I just wanted food but they were very clear about what to eat. If too spicy or fatty food, it could cause problems. I ended up with a white roll with turkey and a touch of mayo. It was so delicious!

We watched the news in horror all day yesterday. People have been contacting us about our son to ask if he was in Belgium during the bombing. He was in Canada and there are no European concerts scheduled through July.

No comments: