Saturday, March 19, 2016

Resolved into Coughing

The sunshine didn't appear as Michael and I made our way down the foggy coast to Santa Cruz yesterday. Whales were spotted along the way. No traffic. It felt so good to be out into the world together with no list of things we needed to do.

We found our way to our favorite dive in a converted house near the harbor. Everything was baked and made on site. We had a cup of light clam chowder then spilt a hamburger. It was more food than I had seen in weeks! The 40 mgs. of prednisone must be working as I had no problem getting most of it down! We talked about the whole lung transplant process and what, hopefully, lays ahead.

I was feeling pretty good. The coughing was minimal, prednisone was making me feel perky and the antibiotic were working.

On St. Patrick's Day, our new neighbors Lisa and Mike, had invited us over for Corned Beef and Cabbage. We had to decline but they sent over a large plate of food. It was delicious! Perfect seasoning! The cabbage was not overcooked! We wanted to return their plate yesterday but I am old-school. I always return a plate with something homemade on it though I am sure they would understand and also not really want to share my germs. So, on the way back from Santa Cruz, we stopped at our favorite place south of town, near the goat farm, and bought pieces of the best pie and fresh whipped cream to perched on the plate to take over to them.

We drove the rest of the way home, now bathed in sunshine, and dropped the treats off to Lisa. We ended up staying over there for almost a half hour. They are the nicest people, I swear! They went to the concert at the British Pub where my Irish Fiddling group was performing the night before. I so missed playing with them and felt guilty for being sick!

All was well until last night. The coughing came back with a vengeance. It just would not settle down despite all my tricks. I ended up sitting up on the couch and still...so I didn't get much sleep. It's going to be a quiet day today.

No comments: