Sunday, April 10, 2016

Fun Night

A success! Mike and Lisa arrived at 5 and left for the long walk home across the cut de sac around 11PM. All the food was great, thanks in part to the many Pioneer Woman's recipes and they loved my Barbacoa. The house looked great with the new table runner and napkins in festive Mexican motifs I bought at World Market. There were even matching flower arrangements. I went a little crazy. Michael set his Pandora to play songs from Chicago Radio (the band Chicago), which also featured groups like Journey, Eagles and BeeGees.

After dinner, the men chatted while I taught Lisa how to play the card game Shang Hai. It is a game with considerable whining and the need for good card sense. Lisa had great card sense, learned the whining from me and joined right in! We had a ball!

Since I hate waking up to a messy house, Michael cleared the table then dried all the hand washables and even put them away. By midnight, we were in bed. When we woke up this morning, there was no evidence that we had company, except for the beautiful flowers. And the leftovers in the refrigerator.

I am so grateful that I was even able to pull this event off. Two weeks ago? Impossible. I had enough energy to do all the work yesterday. Yes, a nap later today sounds fantastic right now but I did it. Recovered.

No comments: