Friday, April 1, 2016

Lesson Learned

Happy April Fool's Day. Beware all day! Not my favorite day of the year!

What a day yesterday! The goal: the front gardens on both sides of the driveway and the driveway. Lots of trimming and weeding needed. It was the first time I had been able to work out there in over six weeks. It was a mess!

I started at 9:15 and finished at 2:15. Everything growing along the driveway was cleaned with the hedge clippers, all larger bushes were also cut back, an area in the very front was cleaned out, the area along the edge of the property was cleaned and trimmed, the driveway was weeded and I filled the recycling container to the brim. I was so exhausted that I was not able to weed the two front flower gardens or trim and weed the area between the driveway and Ron's driveway.

This was a huge lesson for me. In the past, I would have pushed myself to get it done. All of it. But yesterday, I admitted to myself that I was done. I should do no more. It would still be there to attack on Saturday morning when I am fresh. I'll even be able to cut and blow the back gardens as well. It's okay.

I crawled into my chair and was recovering, wet with sweat, when Michael got home. We sat out on the swing and talked for an hour before we cooked some dinner together. I made a French onion soup (without bread or cheese), which took a lot of time as the onions can't be hurried. I had a helpful assistant along the way. We got it done and, along with a very thin piece of beef filet in each bowl, we had a fantastic dinner. Leftovers tonight.

For today, mom and I have nothing we HAVE to do. Should be a fun day together.

No comments: