Friday, April 8, 2016

Zooming By

I slept 11 hours last night so I am feeling recovered from my wild Wednesday. Yesterday was intense until noon then I was able to cook and relax. Michael's breakfast deviled eggs and leftovers of a simple shrimp salad for dinner are in the refrigerator.

Today should be a nice, easy day. The first one in awhile! Mom and I are going to be together then I am going to braise the Barbacoa for four hours so it can sit overnight for our company dinner tomorrow evening. The aroma in the house will be divine!

It has been a long time since we have had people here. I love to cook and to entertain but I get so nervous right before people arrive. Is there enough food? Did I forget something? Driving myself nuts! Lisa and Mike are really nice people and I am sure it will all be just fine.

It must be my age as I turned to Michael and said, "I can't believe it is a Friday again." Weeks seem to just zoom by. When I look back, grade school was only eight short years but felt like forever. Does time move at a different rate of speed as we age? It sure feels like that is true. I try to stop to appreciate a moment of everyday. I am so grateful to still be alive and active and currently feeling well.

No comments: