Thursday, June 9, 2016

A Perfect Day

I am so grateful that after 42-years of marriage, a most perfect day for me would be spending it with Michael. It was yesterday. We did very little but were just together. Life slowed down and it will continue at that pace again today. I need to take it easy for one more day then I can return to my life tomorrow. I am feeling so much better. No pain. Thankfully.

Later this morning, I will head out to do a bit of grocery shopping in town, balance the checkbook, finished a book, wrap the birthday presents, pickup the house, do a bit of my laundry and probably iron everything. No heavy exercise. No rehab.

I forgot that some antibiotics cause sleeplessness and I have had problems with this in the past. When  I was in the hospital with pneumonia and receiving IVs of antibiotics, I never slept. They were worried. Last night, I struggled to sleep. Boom! Wide awake. I remember looking at the clock at 4AM, drifting off to sleep then waking up feeling like I had slept for hours. It was 4:10AM. Ten minutes. I am looking forward to the end of the Cipro and the hope of some sleep soon!


No comments: