Thursday, June 16, 2016

Day Together

Back to rehab today! It will be great to see Sherman and get caught up on everything. I will still pull way back from caveman so it will be interesting to see his reaction. My focus is on the Irish Fiddlers performance outside in front of a restaurant in town from 6-8 tonight. The only problem is that we are expecting rain just about that time. Ironic! We will see if the performance actually happens or not.

Yesterday, gardening didn't happen but instead we showered and flew out the door. After sending the letter and packets to my attorney, we ran an errand over the pass for Jim, I spoke with someone I hadn't seen in years and Michael suggested we eat lunch at that restaurant right on the ocean in the town just north of us.

On the way there, I got a text from Jill (of Wayne, Jill, Ian and Evan) that they were throwing Ian a 21st birthday party early Saturday evening but not telling him people other than family are being invited. I decided to make a killer cold pasta salad, Jill wrote that it would be perfect so we had to swing by the other Safeway to buy everything. It takes three days to make. Today will be day one: cook a pound of vermicelli pasta and marinate in 1-1/2 cups of Robusto Italian Dressing overnight. Day two: add two pounds of bay shrimp, 1-1/2 cup of parsley, 1/2 cup of scallions, 10 ozs. sliced black olives, 2 cups mayonnaise, 10 hard-boiled eggs, salt. Day three: stir well and serve. Makes a ton. Recipe can be easily cut in half.

But, lunch. Shall we talk about lunch? We sat within feet of the ocean and watched the endless stream of whales swim by. Lots of spouting. Lots of breaching. We split the crab sandwich, which was divine. The owner came by for a chat and picked up the check! What a rare treat!

I prepped the house for the housekeepers today, made a breakfast casserole, sorted five months of paperwork and entered the important information in my book in preparation of next year's taxes. I felt a huge burden lifted from my shoulders as I had wanted to do that for the past few weeks but it just takes so much energy, focus and time that I didn't have. Done.

No comments: