Friday, June 24, 2016

Rehab Drama

Rehab. Sherman was in fine form. He teased me all day and I gave it right back to him. At one point, the RN said, "Children, children!" to which I responded, "He started it!" We must have laughed from the time I hit the door until he finished up and left. Such a dear, sweet man.

Caveman and the other guy who has new lungs were both in class yesterday. Two problems. The other guy is such a jerk that Sherman had enough and talked to the rehab people about him. They are going to have a conversation with him to cool his jets a bit. He used to smoke and told us with pride that he smoked 22 joints a day. He only quit when they told him he couldn't get new lungs unless he gave up both the cigarettes and the dope. Have you ever met someone who smoked a lot of dope for years and years? Now you understand him. His brain is not firing on all cylinders. Caveman tried to make conversation with me, I responded minimally, and he drifted off. With my new workout routine, I never workout next to him anymore. Perfect. I think he has gotten the hint.

My saturation numbers were fantastic, the best they have been in a long time. Because I was feeling so good, I was able to push myself and felt like I got a really good workout.

Michael and I have been married so long that our life rhythms are identical. It happened again yesterday. On my way home over the pass from rehab, my phone rang. It was him. He was three cars behind me! What are the odds? It happens so often, unplanned, that we always just smile at each other and shake our heads. I tell him he can't get away with anything!! HA!

We have another performance with the Irish Fiddlers tonight after a very successful rehearsal yesterday. We will be back performing right near a major front entrance inside the organic market in town. People will walk in on this Friday evening from 5-7PM, tired from a long week, to be greeted with fantastic music and a simple wine tasting. What more does a person need? Their reaction at seeing the wine guy and hearing our music is visceral. Suddenly, they slow down, smile, take a breath and some even begin to dance. Children are the best. They fully dance and enjoy every moment!

Mom and I are together today. I need to buy some groceries but the big news is that Michael is going to haul out the BBQ this weekend and, for the first time, we are cooking ribs. The weather is going to be just gorgeous, tourists will be sitting on our highways while we enjoy our neighbors, gardens and BBQ. Doesn't get better than that!

No comments: