Thursday, June 23, 2016

Winnie and Oliver

Oliver opened his wrapped birthday present of the boots and gasped! He quickly pulled on the cowboy socks then the boots. They fit! Perfectly! He was walking a big funny but we realized he was getting used to the feeling of boots. After a bit, he was running through my back yard playing hide and seek with us and he also played on slides and other equipment in the little neighborhood park. On the walk back to my house, he said to his mom, "We have to make sure to remember my shoes. I like my shoes but I like my boots better." So very cute.

Remember the name Winnie. She is only 9-years old but in a few years, I am certain she will be competing in the Olympics in gymnastics. After a couple years at a local gym, she has transferred to a better training program. When we think back to her as a baby and small child, she was always driven. She used to ask to go out to my cul-de-sac to run laps around the circle. She was four-years old. Laps. For an hour. She also is tiny in stature and smart. Did I mention she has already written several novels? When she first began at the gym, they could choose how high they wanted the balance beam. She always chose the highest level. Always. I hope I live long enough to see what she does with her life.

I sent a very late birthday present home for Winnie with Oliver and Natalie. Last evening, I received a text: Hi! This is Winnie. I just wanted to thank you SO much for the wonderful gifts you gave me. I love them!

Nice.

Back to rehab class today!

No comments: