Saturday, July 23, 2016

Tourists and Whales

Another Irish Fiddling gig? Done! Two nights in a row! I need today off to recover. I did a really stupid thing yesterday morning. The cord for my iPhone was under the leg of my chair so I tried lifting the chair and grabbing the cord with one hand. I got the cord freed but not without pulling muscles from my ribs through my arm into my neck. It is a bit more sore this morning. I don't think I am going to be able to do a lot of lifting in the garden today.

In the mail yesterday, Dr. K.'s letter to the trust administrators arrived and it was a stunning letter. They wanted a statement from her regarding my condition and prognosis. "The concern is at this stage of lung function, our patient has no pulmonary reserve and may rapidly deteriorate." She then wrote about my recent move into the Lung Transplant Program and my beginning of the non-invasive testing. She also provided a brief background about the disease. It is so very well written. This morning I am running into town to copy it and will send it off to the administrators.

It is hot over the pass but beautiful here on the coast today. The whales are still playing right along the highway so we are expecting lots of tourists. We are staying home.

No comments: