Monday, September 19, 2016

Feels Like Monday

My breathing is better this morning. Taking a couple of days off to do nothing has helped me recover from our company and the Irish Fiddling gig. I will still be using my inhaler throughout the day and taking it easy while with mom. Tonight, there is an Irish Fiddling rehearsal but Leslie and I have called a band meeting.

It is going to take all of my experience working with the divas at the school where I got sick to run this meeting. The bottom line is the sound is out of balance, the guitarist sometimes gets into the music and bangs his guitar making it impossible to hear the fiddles and the beginning and end of the songs have become messy again. Also, there needs to be a statement about changing the music and the need to notify anyone not in the room at the time of the change. It was not good that I played a song in a gig and a major change was made after I left a rehearsal. It sounded horrible.

I must mention the weather. It is stunningly gorgeous and the tourists invaded our coastside all weekend. We went into town for lunch yesterday and enjoyed watching everyone walk by our window. Lots of kids. Lots of couples. Today, it is expected to be in the high 80s over the pass but high 70s here. That is a bit too hot for us! We are delicate!

Our new resolution begins tomorrow. Michael and I enjoyed walking to the beach with Chip and Betty so much that we made a pact to walk at sunrise on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We'll cross the highway, catch the coastal trail and walk, adding distance every walk. This is something I have been encouraging Michael to do since he retired because he has gained some weight and wants to lose it. Though he watches his food intake, he needs to also exercise in a consistent manner. He has heard my speeches!

No comments: