Saturday, September 24, 2016

Sizzling!

Today, it begins to heat up. It is going to be so hot tomorrow and Sunday that everyone here on the coastside is unhappy. We want our fog back! No one has air conditioning as the hot days are very few and far between. So, we throw open all the windows, kick on the fans and try to "enjoy" being hot and miserable.

Mom and I have become smitten with a series of seven books written by Jeffrey Archer. She read book #2 in about two days and has passed it off to me. The Clifton Chronicles. I have a feeling my nose will be in a book all weekend.

I am feeling so much better but I still don't want to push too hard, yet. Next week is packed. Every single day. I get a bit overwhelmed when I look at the calendar so I am just not looking at it this weekend. Instead, I am washing and ironing the sheets on all three beds in the house. Later, I will water the pots in the garden and make a nice salad for dinner (Whopper in a Bowl). But mostly, I will sit under our large umbrella outside this afternoon and read and maybe fall asleep. Good goals for the day.

Indian Summer has arrived.

No comments: