Thursday, September 1, 2016

Stable Weight

The drive into the city for the appointment with the nutritionist was a nightmare. Normally, it takes about 45-60 minutes but I parked at the 1 hour 25 minute mark! Thankfully, I give myself plenty of time. Since it was so early, the wait for my blood test for the liver clinic was a fifteen minute wait. No problem. I walked across the street to the hospital and got my disabled parking discount card for the day. Finally, about 30-minutes early, I arrived to my friends at the Weight Management Group.

Big secret when dealing with large, university clinics for healthcare: make the front desk people your friends. It is amazing how they can open doors and offer suggestions and make things happen when you are nice to them. I have seen them treated horribly and just cringe. Foolish people.

While waiting to check in, the head of the board we sit on at the university and I bumped into each other and hugged! Love that! We got some "business" done and a nice conversation. Michael and I will see him later this month. This is the doctor who, I hope, will take Michael on as his primary Medicare doctor in a year.

My weight. Well, after William's visit, I was four pounds higher but it didn't stay around. Yesterday, I was happy to see that I had lost three pounds and Mr. B. was happy I had gained a pound from my last visit. I would like to stay here or even lose another pound before Anna and Doug's visit as I know we will be eating more.

Today is our Anniversary. Forty-three years. I plan to take lots of photos and will post them tomorrow. Here is about our life from a previous blog: Our Story

No comments: