Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Just a Walk

Michael and I just got home from a lovely long walk under the low clouds along the ocean cliffs. The air was heavy and we went north instead of south with lots of small uphills. It was a nice two mile wake up.

On our way back, we heard three women approaching from behind us talking, laughing and clearly having a good time together. As they passed us, I said, "We want to walk with you! You guys are having way too much fun!" They laughed and one looked back at me and said, "And good for you for being out here."

If she only knew.

It's time like this that I wish I could say, "Yup, been out here doing it since 2002!" or "Yup and by the way, I never smoked!" or "Yup, I have lost over 100 pound!" or "Yup, I am heading towards lung transplants." But, I don't. I smile.

If she only knew all that I have been through.

No comments: