Thursday, October 27, 2016

Not Hungry

It has seriously begun. When my lungs are struggling with a cold or beginning of an infection, I can't get food in. I just can't swallow it without the feeling that, even if I try, I will throw it up. Breakfast is the worst as food is needed for all my medications. Just a couple of bites and that's it. At lunchtime yesterday, I finished my Safeway run and kept trying to think about what sounded good and what would stay down. McDonald's was next door so I got a child's hamburger.

After putting groceries away, I tried to enjoy it. Only about half of it got in. By the time it was dinnertime, the thought of food was overwhelming. Michael suggested a piece of toast. Perfect. It got down and it stayed down and it was enough.

I have no sense of hunger this morning.

Today, I am doing some banking and a stop at CVS before going over the pass to Trader Joe's. I am gathering the ingredients to make Caramel Corn for Leslie's girls and for Winnie and Oliver. A few other goodies will give them strength to head out for trick-or-treating. Tonight, there is a rehearsal for the fundraising concert in two weeks. I hope I feel well enough to go as I need the practice!

No comments: