Wednesday, November 23, 2016

A Cocktail Kind of Day

I spent the day in a car for hours then in another car and lunch with four 88-year old women. Now, I am not a drinker. We bought a house just after I turned 21-years old so we didn't have a lot of extra money to hang out in bars. With all the drugs I take, I have been really pleased that my liver has been strong enough to handle the drugs probably because I haven't had many cocktails since becoming drinking age.

On my way home late yesterday afternoon, I phoned Michael and asked him to make me a small, light cocktail. He was stunned! It was that kind of day!

I just can't go into all the details but even mom was so angry that I don't think we will be going for lunch again for a while. Her friend Grace is dealing with dementia or Alzheimer's and was mean and yelling at everyone. There were car issues but in the end, we had to drive her to a doctor's appointment after we dropped everyone else off at their homes. She told us this just before she kept us waiting in her driveway for 20-minutes as she didn't want to arrive too early. Then, she didn't know how to get to the clinic so I pulled out my iPhone. Got it. I was following it while she was yelling at me to put it away. As I was going the speed limit of 40MPH, she was screaming that I had to slow down because we were going to be in an accident. Did I mention that it was miles out of our way?

We found the place, dropped her off then worked our way back to the freeway and home around 3:00. Mom had told Grace when she set the lunch date that we had to leave by 2:00 to make it home before the wild evening traffic. I didn't get home until after 5:00, thus the cocktail.

That was just one event from the day. There were a few more. I just wanted to go home.

Today should be a total opposite day. I am meeting Natalie and the kids for lunch. Joyous!

No comments: