Friday, November 18, 2016

Quiet Weekend

We left the house at 8:30AM, the traffic was a real challenge as we made our way deep into the city on the far university campus for my dermatology appointment yesterday. On a good day, it takes about 45-minutes. Yesterday, it was an hour and ten minutes by the time we arrived and parked. Thankfully, I always give myself two hours, just in case. The doctor was already running almost an hour late and when she arrived, she went right for my forehead. "How long has that been there?" I had never noticed two small red pimple-like specks. After looking at over a dozen other spots we circled in the morning, she burned then off. She also asked that if two of them didn't go completely away, she wanted to be contacted.

Biopsies were taken of the spots near my eyebrow and right in the middle of my forehead. She said they came out well and she didn't suspect cancer but she was also not 100% sure. Within a week, we will get the lab report. In the meantime, I have two bandages on my face through Thanksgiving! They must be changed daily.

We made our way across town to the Filson store, Michael spent his birthday money on a fantastic hoodie then we drove back and even a bit further to the second university campus for our board meeting. We had a couple of hours to kill so we sat in the library, looked at the glorious views and whispered to each other. The meeting was really interesting and I can't blog about it! We got home around 7:30 totally spent. Exhausted. I fell into bed and was out like a light.

Mom and I have lots of plans for today. Our dance card it full! After her financial appointment here in town, we will head out to dinner before driving her home later in the evening.

My stormy weekend plans? NOTHING. I am going to rest and regroup to repair for Thanksgiving.

No comments: