Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Shopping

I have a hot date for lunch today. Michael and I are meeting for lunch at Nordstrom before he spends his birthday money from my mom at Macy's. He needs new Levi's, I have coupons so it should be fun. Today's scheduled rehearsal with my Irish Fiddling group was cancelled as Leslie has a nasty cold. Nope, I don't want to practice in her house!

Sleeping was difficult last night. Suddenly, I found myself awake at midnight and I just couldn't get back to sleep. I thought a change of venue would help and went out to the couch in the living room. There I was. Looking around. Changing channels. Sighing. No sleep. Finally, somewhere around 3:30, I fell asleep until 6AM. I'm going to be goofy from lack of sleep later today!

We have Christmas at our house this year and I have made a decision that the featured menu will be Norwegian foods. Mom is half Norwegian but her mom was Irish so she never experienced Norwegian food. She is so excited. I am doing research now, think I have some great ideas but will be pulling it all together soon. William, who has been to Norway many times, keeps telling me about Liver Paste and Shrimp Paste and sausages.

The other holiday, Thanksgiving, will be at my sister's house. Mom is making her famous cranberries and I need to contact Lee to learn what she wants me to bring. Pumpkin Rolls this year? Maybe. I have been having fun making them lately. So good with coffee.

I just can't believe that the year is almost over. A moment ago it was April. Suddenly, summer was gone, the smell in the air changed and it was Fall. Where did the year go?

No comments: