Saturday, December 24, 2016

2016 Christmas Eve

British Don arrived mid-afternoon and it really made my day. He loved all the Christmas decorations, we opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate his new title as grandad, we sat in the living room and chatted for a couple of hours. He showed us a photo of his new 9+ pound grandson, who looked EXACTLY like him! It was unbelievable!

Earlier in the morning, I dusted, cleaned the floors and vacuumed so the house is in good shape. I will hit the rugs one more time later this evening. At 9:30, I began putting the bar table together, which included washing the glasses. The real work began when I made eight pounds of spicy nuts as our homemade treat to the neighbor this year. Sometime today, they all will drop over or we will take our goodies to them for the exchange. It is so nice to see each other's houses and kids and families from out of town. I so love our little cul-de-sac.

Making the nuts took several hours then I made the Scotch Eggs, which Don ate TWO of quickly after his arrival, as they just had come out of the oven. I was tired from standing all day. I was just tire. But, today is the really big day. Michael is going to run over the pass for an hour then come home to help me cook. I have ten items on my list. If I can pull this off today, I will only have to reheat everything and only have to cook the roast. It will make my life doable tomorrow. I predict that it is going to take between seven to eight hours to get everything prepared and in the refrigerator.

Happy Christmas Eve. I have a feeling so many people are also in their kitchens today or traveling or just enjoying the day with family.

No comments: