Monday, December 26, 2016

2016 Christmas

What a day! It all came off really well. Everyone was happy and relaxed and chatting. Mom was able to spend time with her other daughter and her only granddaughter. The food was a total success. Our Norwegian Christmas celebration will go down in history as one of the best ever. My favorite? The liver open-faced sandwich with sweet pickles at lunch and the ribs at dinner. We sent leftovers home with Shelley and Russ but we still have enough for dinner tonight.

I am done. I needed oxygen all day and my sister and her husband did all the dishes after dinner, and there were a lot of dishes. I had been on my feet all day and really felt every muscle. They all took off around 9:00 so I rode in the back seat to drop mom off at her home.

It was a wonderful day, though we missed William. Here are some photos!



My sister and her daughter





Stuffed Pork Loin (apricots, prunes, apples), Baby Bak Ribs, Roasted  Carrots
Braised Red Cabbage and Mashed Potatoes




No comments: